Dancing at Montego Bay Pride 2016 (Photo courtesy of Maurice Tomlinson)
Jamaican activists are making plans for the third annual Montego Bay Pride, which is scheduled for Oct. 12-15, 2017.
“Come be a part of LOVE & PRIDE in the Bay!” says Jamaican/Canadian activist Maurice Tomlinson.
“This accessible event will offer ground transportation, meals, and entertainment,” he says.
Events are planned to begin at 10 a.m. on Thursday, Oct. 12.
An LGBTQI film festival is scheduled for each evening.
Scene at Montego Bay Pride, Jamaica, Oct. 25, 2015. (Photo courtesy of Maurice Tomlinson)
The busiest day will be Sunday, Oct. 15, which will include:
- Pride breakfast.
- Flag-raising and opening ceremony.
- “Culture Clash” — A discussion of the relationship of Jamaican music and the LGBTQI community.
- Team sports in the afternoon.
- Presentations by Pride exhibitors and NGOs.
- Preparation of banners and placards.
- “Paint the Town Gay” Pride flash stands (protest demonstrations)
View original post 141 more words